Friday, June 28, 2013

A TRIBUTE TO CLAUDE MONET

I would like to think that Claude Monet would find some inspiration wandering my gardens.  I definitely find inspiration and a calming feeling from the beauty of the colors and the shapes of the garden's edges and in the shapes of the flowers themselves.  My husband has coined a word and uses it when we sit on the patio soaking in the beauty of our labor of love.  Peaceness.  He loves using that word and I have grown fond of using it myself.  A garden provides a peaceness. 
I love the feeling I get when I view paintings by Claude Monet.  His works of art bring a sense of joy and a sense of calm or peaceness.  Impressionism makes the paintings have such a soft feel to them and the colors that Monet uses in his paintings bring them to life.  So here's to the great French impressionist painter.

      
 
 





                                      

 
 





I am following Nature without being able to grasp her, I perhaps owe having bcome a painter to flowers. -Claude Monet
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! I meant to tell you at the lake, but it slipped my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much GGMM! I enjoyed the comparison too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post, I can absolutely see the comparison. My favorite combo must be the women standing in the garden duo. Here's to all those that appreciate natures beauty and bounty!

    ReplyDelete